3.11.2010


I felt sarah crawl into my bed this morning. I lifted up my sleep mask to peek out at the world.
Me asking in froggy voice: “where is zane at?” I hadn’t even felt him leave our bed. It’s the dang xanax. Sarah all chipper: “he’s in the kitchen sweetie.”
me very out of it: “oh, what time is it?”
mrs. Chipper: “7:30”
me exasperated: “*groan* SARAH……!!!”

But then I got up. Because it was our last day. And I wanted to make the most of it. Drugged out or not.

I brought my AWESOME bedhead to breakfast.

Breakfast was hilarious. It was eggs, oj, fruity pebbles. And leftovers. Including sweet potatoes. Now THAT is funny.

After breakfast we hot-tubbed it up. Terry beat sarah at mancala. In the hot tub. What cute honeymooners they are.

We took a bus, and then that bus took us to a boat. And then that boat took us to a private island in estero bay. It was SUCH a gorgeous day. We saw 82 degrees. & at least three dolphins. And one jellyfish. A lady laughed with me when I pretended to be the little mermaid. I was screaming & running barefoot on the beach with glee. The red bull gave me wings.

I told the honeymooners about our tradition of writing love letters to each other in the sand whenever we go anyplace sandy. And.then.my.camera.died. Ugh. How dare it. We still wrote love notes tho, but then the boat was leaving & we had to rush. Sarah wrote: “sarah loves terry mega.” only sarah says things like “mega.” that’s one of the reasons I love her.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures...it really does look like you had a fantastic time!!! So much fun to get a away with friends, eat, relax, and doing all the fun things you did. Glad to see some HAPPY pictures. Now it's back to the old grind-stone...but hopefully you're refreshed enough to work, work, work, until the next time that you get to play, play, play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the happy pictures too. I won't write a book here Anna - since the book is in the last few emails I sent. Just know how much I love you!

    ReplyDelete