3.31.2010

just another day at the office

so my boss pops his head in, like he does.  scares me half to death, as i scramble to act like i'm actually doing something productive.  (hey a girl has to take a break between the dozens of yucky sales calls i have to make)

he says: "the snakes are back."

me: "um... what?" 

him: "yah, april is the biggest month for snakes around here because they're all coming out of hibernation." 

(i silently process this, making an urgent mental note to not go outside for the next 30 days). 

he adds: "yah, so encourage people to go outside on the snakey trail... the more people are out there, the less snakes will be apt to be on the trail."

riiiight.   be right on that.  i hope he was being sarcastic.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...this made me laugh...did you see the rosy boa snake on my blog? yes, just about ran over it when we were out on the trail last week...even though he wasn't going to constrict me into oblivion, I still don't LIKE them Sam I am, not in a quad, not on the trail, I do not like them Sam I am, I do not like yucky snakes, thank you ma'am! By the way, I love your new blog do! It's very cute and I love the smiley picture of you two. is that a recent one???

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: so we're supposed to get rain tomorrow...Thursday...wanna come join me...and have a cuppa joe with it? Would love it...also, they said maybe a thunderstorm! wahoo!

    ReplyDelete