3.24.2010

what a day

i took a "personal day" if you will.  i think the PC term is: "mental health day," but the non-pc-version is called: "i-faked-sick-cos-i-didn't-feel-like-workin'-today-day."  actually i truly didn't/don't feel good, but i find that people don't typically appreciate the honesty in details.  so saying i was up all night with the flu goes over way better then "i'm having a really hard time with my medicine, and i feel like i have moi stayerning sickness, nooo i haven't actually thrown up yet, but i might. & i'm cranky."   
this nausea thing is getting old, i can tell you that right now.  i guess i'll have to go back to taking my pill at night, and battling with sleep instead.  you're supposed to pick your battles right?  so i guess i'd rather fight with sleep than nausea. 

the microwaveable breakfast bowl that zane has been raving about haunted me for the rest of the day.  i even had to hide the box in the bottom of our trash can.  just the sight of it sent waves of nausea over me.

i stayed in bed all day.  like i do any day that i don't have to be at work.  i watched like 5 episodes of kendra.  i'm pathetic. 

i baked a cake & ate it too.  literally.  i did that an hour before zane came home at nine.  so the house would smell good for him.  and so i could risk salmonella & eat yummy cake batter. better than the cake itself i think.  the cake batter didn't bother me too much but when i went to lick the chocolate frosting off the spatula i used to frost the cake, i had to spit it out because my tummy started to rebel.

i guess i did do a load of laundry too.  i know, i really pushed myself.

and i did return a dvd to redbox.  zane had brought home new moon (i'm glad we didn't see it in theaters, it wouldn't have been worth $20 & the annoying screaming teenage girls) the day before & i wanted to return it without a late fee. i gave myself 13 minutes & hoped for no lines.  it was my adrenaline rush for the day.   the cake was a little brown & crusty by the time i got home.

i also had a pounding headache from a lack of cigarettes in 24-hours.  a small accomplishment.  everytime i moved i thought my head was going to just explode.

i wanted to drink 8 glasses of water.  i only drank one.

i realized before i closed my eyes to sleep that night that i hadn't even brushed my teeth.  ew.

i'm glad it's over. 

1 comment:

  1. we are too much alike!!! i would probably lay in bed and watch the Kendra show for hours!!! her show is somehow really addicting to me!

    ReplyDelete